Please adhere to the following guidelines when creating MARC records for ACLS Humanities Ebook.
Required by RDA and D&I Services
The following are required by MARC/RDA and for indexing and discovery services (OCLC, EBSCO, ProQuest):
- 001 is required and must not include the OCLC Control Number. The organization code 'MiU' or 'MIU' may be included.
- 003: Use organization code 'MiU'.
- 020: eISBNs should be in subfield $a; print ISBNs must be in subfield $z. For the formats in subfield $q, we recommend the following controlled vocabulary:
- 024: Include this field with the Handle in subfield $a and the designator 'hdl' in subfield $2. The value of the First Indicator must be '7'.
- 043: Include when geographic locations are part of the subject headings.
- 856 $u must contain the Handle URL. Optionally, $z may include 'Electronic access restricted; authentication may be required:'.
Requested from MARC vendors
The following are requested both for considerations of quality and for consistency with cataloging practice among Fulcrum-hosted collections:
- 035: In subfield $a, include the HEBID preceded by '(dli)', e.g. '(dli)HEB00055'.
- 040: Include organization code 'MiU' in $a and $c.
- Recommend adding a classification in 050.
- Recommend adding 655 \4$aElectronic books.
- 776: Optional. $t with title should also be included. If print version is noted in the 588, there is no need for the $i.